Reviving The Roost is an elegy to a legendary Edmonton gay bar and a story about community complexity and longing.
The film premiered at TIFF as part of “Five @ 50: An Intimate Look at Contemporary LGBTQ2+ Lives and Identities.”
Presented by the National Film Board.
- Written & directed by Vivek Shraya
- Producer: Justine Pimlott
- Executive Producer: Anita Lee
- Animator/Illustrator: Tim Singleton
- Music/Sound design: Johnny Spence
- Additional cinematography: Zachary Ayotte
- Toronto International Film Festival
- image+nation Film Festival · Montreal, QC
- Seattle Queer Film Festival
- Reel Asian Film Festival · Toronto, ON
- Aesthetica Short Film Festival · York, UK
- Powell River Film Festival
- Spokane International Film Festival