Illuminating, raw, honest and hopeful, How to Fail as a Popstar is Vivek’s debut theatrical work, chronicling her journey to “not quite” pop music superstardom. A reflection on the power of pop culture, dreams, disappointments and self-determination, this astonishing performance is a triumph in finding one’s authentic voice.
World premiere 18 February 2020 (through 1 March) at Berkeley Upstairs Theatre.
- Written and performed by Vivek Shraya
- Directed by Brendan Healy
- Set design and costume design by Joanna Yu
- Lighting design by CJ Astronomo
- Music and sound design by James Bunton
- Choreography by William Yong
- Photography by Heather Saitz
- A Canadian Stage production