Trauma Clown is a photo series by Vivek Shraya that traces the correlation between the amount of suffering a marginalized artist shares in their work and the increase in their commodification.
Premiered as part of the 2019 CONTACT photography festival at Patel Projects in Toronto.
Read the essay by Vivek
- Creative direction · Vivek Shraya
- Photography · Zachary Ayotte
- Makeup & hair · Alanna Chelmick
- Costume · Mic. Carter for L’Uomo Strano
- Set assistants · Adam Holman & Natasha Jensen
- Special thanks to · Natasha Jensen and the Arts Commons team
for granting us permission to shoot in the Arts Learning Centre,
the Engineered Air Theatre, and the Jack Singer Concert Hall of Arts Commons